Thoracic Hyperkyphosis Care in Vienna, Virginia (VA)
Whole Body Health Chiropractic Offers Non-Invasive Thoracic Hyperkyphosis Support.
Suffering from a stiff upper back, shoulder, or neck pain? Or are you experiencing a ‘knock-kneed’ posture? Thoracic Hyperkyphosis is a chronic condition often associated with excessive spine curving, causing stiffness and misalignments of back muscles. Despite being a devastating condition, chiropractic care has beaten all the odds and proven effective in eliminating this and chronic conditions alike.
At Whole Body Health chiropractic clinic, we use advanced minimally invasive techniques to address these chronic conditions. Here is an overview of our care:
- Pain and symptoms Diagnosis
- Identification of the underlying cause
- Support via chiropractic care techniques like spinal manipulation.
- Then recommend customized exercises and therapies to increase your healing speed.
Schedule an appointment with our chiropractor at Vienna, VA, today and end this pain.
Understanding Thoracic Hyperkyphosis
Thoracic hyperkyphosis is an excessive curvature of the thoracic region (mid-back) spine. Generally, it is an abnormal curvature of the spine that may be congenital, idiopathic, or acquired.
The spine’s normal curve is more than 30 degrees from the horizontal plane. However, when the angle of the thoracic vertebrae exceeds 40 degrees, it is considered pathological, which is referred to as hyperkyphosis.
There are many causes of Thoracic hyperkyphosis, including poor posture and underlying conditions such as skeletal abnormalities, muscular weakness, or neurological problems.
How a Chiropractor Diagnoses Thoracic Hyperkyphosis
Chiropractors diagnose thoracic hyperkyphosis using a variety of techniques. And one of them is a physical examination. A chiropractor will examine your spine for signs of hyperkyphosis, including:
- A forward head and upper back posture
- An abnormally curved upper thoracic spine
- And a flattening or rounding of the lower back (lumbar) vertebrae.
Chiropractors will also use x-rays, MRIs, or CT scans to reaffirm their diagnosis.
Chiropractic Care of Thoracic Hyperkyphosis
The best way to relieve thoracic kyphosis depends on its severity, whether it has occurred suddenly or gradually over time. However, chiropractors generally recommend exercises and stretching that mostly target the spine’s muscles to strengthen them while improving posture.
In a nutshell, chiropractic care for thoracic hyperkyphosis focuses on restoring the proper alignment of your vertebrae for support and alleviation of pain caused by misalignment of the spine.
Some may use chiropractic adjustments, while others use spinal manipulation intended for maximum pain alleviation. Here is an overview of some of these techniques.
- Spinal Adjustments – It involves using the hands to gently move the vertebrae back into position which takes the pressure off damaged and irritated nerves to relieve pain.
- Therapeutic Exercises -These exercises are tailored to your specific healing needs yet aimed at strengthening your muscles and your posture while improving the healing process.
- Corrective Spinal Traction – Utilizing advanced spinal analysis Dr. Gustitus will create a specific traction setup to help you restore areas of lost spinal curvature and release tension on stretched and irritated nerves.
- Cold Laser – Low level laser therapy helps to reduce pain and inflammation and promotes healing and repair of damaged tissues.
- Soft tissue therapy – Soft-tissue therapy is another chiropractic method that involves releasing tight muscles and tendons around your spine. It helps your neck, shoulders, and back overall movement and flexibility while reducing pain caused by hyperkyphosis.
Experiencing Thoracic Hyperkyphosis? Meet Our Chiropractor Today
Chiropractic care is a safe, natural support that has helped many people resume their normalities. So if you are experiencing thoracic hyperkyphosis, schedule an appointment with our chiropractor at Vienna, VA, today!
At Whole Body Health, we have effectively supported patients alike and improved their quality of life within a few months after consultation.
At Whole Body Health, we offer corrective chiropractic care for pain relief, degenerative joint, muscle, and nerve conditions, and functional medicine for whole body wellness. Additionally, we offer affordable wellness care plans for those looking to continue to remain healthy once their problem is corrected. Book an appointment with us today!
Make whole body health a priority. Schedule your INITIAL Consultation Today.
Call (571) 378-0108 or GET STARTED