Neck Pain Treatment with a Vienna chiropractor
Do you have neck pain in Vienna Virginia?
Neck pain can affect every activity from pain while working, looking down to read, pain with lifting, and turning your head while driving. It can also affect your ability to sleep comfortably which leads to other health issues.
Complaints of neck pain and stiffness have increased in recent years especially due to the increase in the use of phones, tablets, and other devices and this can lead to “text neck” or neck pain resulting from holding the head and neck in poor posture and its effect on the joints, muscles and nerves in the neck and shoulder region.
The nerves that are protected by this region of the spine travel down the rest of the spine as well as down the arms and into the head. Misalignments, injuries or degeneration of the cervical spine and its joints can contribute to irritation of these nerves and can cause neck pain, soreness and stiffness as well as radiating shoulder or arm pain or numbness in the arms or shoulders, headaches, and even pain between the shoulder blades.
We encourage you to see a doctor like our Chiropractic Biophysics doctor at the Whole Body Health clinic in Vienna, VA. After assessing the causes of your neck pain, our Board-Certified Chiropractor, Dr. David Gustitus, will provide a tailored care plan to correct the underlying issue.
Neck pain is due to a variety of factors, including:
- Forward head posture
- Sports collisions like soccer headers or football
- Facet joint sprain
- Cervical sprain injuries
- Degenerative discs
- Cervical intervertebral disc injuries which do not require surgery
Non-Surgical Support for Neck Pain
When you visit Dr. Gustitus for neck pain care, he will examine your entire spine using a hands-on examination and x-ray analysis to see if there are any misalignments or distortions in the spine causing neck pain or affecting your health. He will then use various techniques and adjustments to help resolve the issue.
A chiropractor will always conduct a thorough examination to pinpoint the underlying cause of your discomfort. The chiropractor will observe your restricted movements and check your spinal alignment and general posture.
Your Vienna chiropractor will want to understand your body mechanics and perform a digital analysis of your spinal x-rays and posture to provide the most effective support for your neck pain. They may also use other imaging tests, such as MRIs, to get a more precise picture of what’s causing the pain. Ultimately, we use this information to form an individualized care plan that resolves the cause of your discomfort.
At Whole Body Health we use spinal adjustments, corrective spinal traction and rehabilitative exercises to help alleviate your neck pain. Corrective chiropractic adjustments increase joint motion, decrease pain and inflammation, and help realign the spine.
One technique that our chiropractors use to help patients with severe pain is instrument-assisted adjustments. These devices allow the chiropractor to apply pressure with an adjusting instrument without deep thrusts into the spine. Specific spinal adjustments provide stimulation of nerves in the joints to induce realignment of the spine. Some of the other therapies that Dr. Gustitus uses to manage neck pain include:
- Trigger Point Therapy – This type of therapy is based on the theory that certain areas in the body can become tight and cause pain. Chiropractors use their hands and fingers to massage these areas, which often helps relieve pain and improve function.
- Cold Laser Therapy – Low-level laser treatments help reduce neck pain and accelerate the natural healing process at the cellular level.
- Instrument-assisted Soft Tissue Therapy – The efficacy of instrument-assisted soft tissue therapy (IAST) for treating various musculoskeletal conditions has been well documented, and can be used to alleviate neck pain and in a wide range of injuries.
- Manual Joint Stretching – This type of stretching helps to loosen tight muscles and joints and helps reduce pain and inflammation. Manual joint stretching can also promote a better range of motion in the affected area.
- Nutritional Recommendations – We will suggest food choices and supplements to help reduce inflammation and provide the nutrients necessary for faster healing.
Suffering From Neck Pain? See Our Experienced Chiropractor!
If you are experiencing neck pain, our Board-Certified Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. David Gustitus, can help identify the cause and provide relief with chiropractic care. Our doctor is also certified in the Chiropractic BioPhysics® technique, which uses corrective exercises and traction to help restore proper alignment of the spine and posture.
At Whole Body Health, we offer corrective chiropractic care for pain relief, degenerative joint, muscle and nerve conditions, and functional medicine for whole body wellness. Additionally, we offer affordable wellness care plans for those looking to continue to remain healthy once their problem is corrected. Book an appointment with us today!
Make whole body health a priority. Schedule your INITIAL Consultation Today.
Call (571) 378-0108 or GET STARTED