Whiplash Injury in Vienna, Virginia (VA)
Whole Body Health Chiropractic Offers Whiplash Injury Care.
Whiplash injuries from car accidents can completely disrupt your day-to-day life. The sharp pain accompanied by a limited range of motion in your neck can affect your activities and prevent you from doing even basic jobs and from enjoying life. If you want to heal quickly and get back to living your life pain-free, considering chiropractic care is a great option.
Our Chiropractor at Whole Body Health can make you feel your best. We address symptoms such as:
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain
- Pain in between your shoulders
- Muscle spasm and pain around the shoulders or arms
- Difficulty moving your head
End your Whiplash pain today by booking an appointment with Whole Body Health Vienna, Virginia (VA).
An Overview of Whiplash Injury
Whiplash is an injury that primarily causes pain in the neck and shoulders but it can also cause low back pain. It occurs because of the sudden or quick neck movement during a traumatic incident such as a car accident or a fall. The forward and backward or side to side movement strains the muscles in the neck and causes pain in the area, thus restricting mobility.
Whiplash pain occurs when there is subluxation of the neck. Subluxations arise due to misalignment of vertebrae in the spine. This can cause pressure on the joints, nerves, discs, and tissues, which can lead to neck stiffness and pain. The pain can extend to the head, legs, arms, and shoulders, and you may experience numbness and tingling, difficulty moving, dizziness and headaches. In severe conditions, a whiplash injury can cause ear ringing, vertigo, blurred vision, concussion, brain fog, low back pain, GI upset, and other issues with internal organs.
Chiropractic care is an effective approach to relieving whiplash injury. Our chiropractor, Dr. Gustitus, will help to correct subluxations in the neck and back. He will start by evaluating your condition to determine the appropriate care to use for you.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help To Correct a Whiplash Injury
Chiropractic is an appropriate therapy for whiplash injury. This care helps to relieve pain by improving neck movement and by aligning the spine. Opting for chiropractic care can prevent long-term issues such as permanent joint, bone, and nerve damage, arthritis, chronic pain, migraines, and headaches.
Whether your neck injury results from high-impact sports, sudden falls, vehicle accidents, or amusement park rides, chiropractic care will help you recover quickly. Some of the approaches used by chiropractors to provide support for whiplash injury include:
This method involves re-aligning the neck and spine to relieve pain caused by inflammation and nerve pressure. Also, it can increase blood flow to the spine, nerves, and brain as well as promote a greater range of motion. A chiropractor can use procedures such as:
- Spinal Adjustments – It involves using the hands to gently move the vertebrae back into position which takes the pressure off damaged and irritated nerves to relieve pain.
- Flexion-Distraction – A chiropractor pumps the area of the disc slowly using his hands to reduce inflammation in swollen discs.
- Cold Laser – Low level laser therapy helps to reduce pain and inflammation and promotes healing and repair of damaged tissues.
Instrument assistance: this involves the use of a hand-held instrument to release trigger points, tight muscles, and restricted joints.
- Therapeutic Exercises -These exercises are tailored to your specific healing needs yet aimed at strengthening your muscles while improving the healing process.
- Corrective Spinal Traction – Utilizing advanced spinal analysis Dr. Gustitus will create a specific traction setup to help you restore areas of lost spinal curvature and release tension on stretched and irritated joints, muscles, and nerves.
This involves muscle therapy to alleviate pain caused by injuries or misalignments. A chiropractor uses muscle therapies such as:
- Joint Stretching
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Nutritional Supplementation
- Stress Management Techniques
A chiropractor may recommend different exercises to relieve whiplash injury. Various exercises along with chiropractic adjustments can help to reduce stress and improve sleep, which can speed up the healing process.
Schedule an Appointment With Our Chiropractor and Get Long-lasting Results
Our chiropractic care for whiplash injury focuses on correcting the misalignments and damaged joints in the neck and overall spine. Meet our chiropractor, Dr. Gustitus, who uses non-surgical methods of care tailored to many types of whiplash injuries.
At Whole Body Health, we offer corrective chiropractic care for pain relief, degenerative joint, muscle, and nerve conditions, and functional medicine for whole body wellness. Additionally, we offer affordable wellness care plans for those looking to continue to remain healthy once their problem is corrected. Book an appointment with us today!