Sciatica Care in Vienna, Virginia (VA)
Whole Body Health Chiropractic Offers Holistic Sciatica Support.
Chiropractors utilize various techniques to alleviate pain caused by sciatica. Some of them are:
- Spinal Adjustments – It involves using the hands to gently move the vertebrae back into position which takes the pressure off damaged and irritated nerves to relieve pain.
- Therapeutic Exercises -These exercises are tailored to your specific healing needs yet aimed at strengthening your muscles while improving the healing process.
- Corrective Spinal Traction – Utilizing advanced spinal analysis Dr. Gustitus will create a specific traction setup to help you restore areas of lost spinal curvature and release tension on stretched and irritated nerves.
- Cold Laser – Low level laser therapy helps to reduce pain and inflammation and promotes healing and repair of damaged tissues.
Sciatica is often described as a sharp, shooting pain, like an electric shock, which runs down the back of your leg. The pain may be felt anywhere along the course of the sciatic nerve, from its origin in the lower back to where it splits into terminal branches.
The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the body, responsible for controlling sensation and movement in the lower parts of the body. Sciatica occurs when one or more nerves are irritated as they pass through various tissues from the lower back down to the buttocks.
The most common symptoms of sciatica are:
- Pain that radiates along the path of the sciatic nerve — typically from the lower back down through one or both legs
- Tingling, numbness, or burning sensation
- And weakness in either leg.
The obvious cause of sciatica may vary from person to person. Some people may have an underlying herniated disc problem in their spines or degenerative spine disease, which may irritate the sciatic nerve.
Others may have inflammation from an infection in the joint between two spine bones or trauma to the area pressing on the nerves.
Chiropractor’s Diagnosis of Sciatica
A chiropractor will often examine you while you’re standing or lying down to determine any areas of subluxation in your spine or pelvis. A thorough history is also taken, including questions about any previous injuries or conditions that may have affected your back unknowingly.
If there are no obvious causes for sciatica, such as a recent injury or trauma, then the chiropractor may subject you to other spinal tests to determine the specific underlying cause.
Chiropractic care focuses on restoring the normal function of misaligned joints due to degeneration over time. It also focuses on reducing muscle spasms and inflammation in soft tissues, which may also be susceptible.
Chiropractors utilize various techniques to alleviate caused by sciatica. Some of them are;
- Spinal manipulation – It involves manipulating the spine by use of a hand to relieve pain while increasing mobility
- Therapeutic exercise -These exercises are tailored to your specific healing needs yet aimed at strengthening your muscles while improving the healing process.
- Electrical stimulation –Chiropractors can also use electrical currents to alleviate pain in the affected area through electrodes.
Experiencing Sciatica? Meet Our Experienced Chiropractor
Are you suffering from sciatica? Visit our chiropractic office in Vienna, Virginia, and experience chiropractic care at its best. At Whole Body Health, we use non-invasive procedures like spinal adjustments, therapeutic exercises, corrective spinal traction, and cold laser therapy to help you heal faster and relieve your pain. Schedule your appointment today and get on the path to feeling better!
At Whole Body Health, we offer corrective chiropractic care for pain relief, degenerative muscle and joint conditions, and whole body wellness. Additionally, we offer extensive care plans for those looking to continue to remain healthy once their problem is corrected. Book an appointment with us today!
Make whole body health a priority. Schedule your INITIAL Consultation Today.
Call (571) 378-0108 or GET STARTED