Mid Back Pain Care in Vienna, Virginia (VA)
Whole Body Health Chiropractic Offers Non-Invasive Mid Back Pain Support.
Mid-back pain, or thoracic spine pain, is a common complaint affecting almost a quarter of the world’s population. It usually affects the upper third of the vertebral column between the shoulder blades and can significantly affect your normal life activities. Fortunately, through our chiropractic care, we can address the underlying cause of mid-back pain and help you resume normal life.
Here is an overview of our care:
- First we perform a comprehensive health history to thoroughly understand your problem and your goals for care
- Then we do an spinal examination and take the necessary xrays to establish the underlying root cause of your mid back pain
- We create and administer a customized chiropractic care program to correct any spinal distortions and loss of curvature and recommend specific therapies both in office and at home to promote fast healing.
Schedule an appointment now with our chiropractor in Vienna, Virginia (VA), and eliminate your pain.
Mid Back Pain Overview
Mid-back pain is a common debilitating condition that affects millions of people each year. It is commonly felt between the shoulder blades, although its severity can extend beyond the upper back area into the neck, shoulders and arms.
The mid-back region comprises several spinal bones and joints that allow flexibility and movement of the spine. It includes the thoracic vertebrae (T1-T12) and the upper lumbar region (L1-L5), which extend below the rib cage.
When you experience mid-back pain, it’s often because of misalignments or distortions in the spine pinching or irritating nerves in that region. This can be either due to repetitive stress or overuse of the joint/bones leading to inflammation and damage.
Two Common Causes of Mid-Back Pain
- Accidents and trauma: Sports injuries from collisions or accidents leading to whiplash injury can often cause mid-back pain. Falls on hard surfaces such as concrete floors or gravel footpaths can cause injury to spinal joints and cause bruising of the nerves in this area.
- Repetitive movements: Doing repetitive motions, especially with a heavy object can strain your mid back spinal joints, muscles and ligaments. Excessive bending or lifting can also lead to mid-back pain along with prolonged sitting at a desk without taking frequent breaks for exercise or stretching.
Symptoms of mid-back pain
- Pain that starts in the upper back and radiates into the shoulders, down the arm and into the hands and fingers
- Sharp shooting pains that occur when you move certain ways
- Difficulty breathing because of mid back pain or rib pain
- Muscle tenderness or spasm in the middle of the back
Chiropractors’ Diagnosis of Mid Back Pain and Support
The diagnosis of mid-back pain is usually made by your chiropractor based on the history of the problem, your examination, and other tests. Your examination may reveal tenderness and muscle spasms. The chiropractor may also examine other areas of your body to rule out other causes of your symptoms.
Dr. Gustitus will use a digital x-ray imaging and may use other imaging tests such as CT scans or MRIs to confirm the diagnosis or rule out other possible causes. However, in most cases, CT scans or MRIs are generally used only if abnormalities are found during physical examination.
Ultimately, chiropractors provide support for mid-back pain with various techniques, including spinal adjustments (also known as spinal manipulation) and other hands-on therapies such as rib adjustments, soft tissue manipulation, in office or home-based corrective traction, and laser therapy. They also administer corrective exercises and stretches to strengthen your spinal curvature and improve mobility and flexibility while speeding the healing process.
Experiencing Mid Back Pain? Meet Our Experienced Chiropractor
Are you suffering from mid-back pain? Book an appointment with our chiropractor at Whole Body Health in Vienna, Virginia (VA), and experience holistic chiropractic care. Needless to say, our chiropractor uses a combination of gentle adjustments and soft tissue techniques to treat your spinal problems. Contact us today!
At Whole Body Health, we offer corrective chiropractic care for pain relief, degenerative joint, muscle, and nerve conditions, and functional medicine for whole body wellness. Additionally, we offer affordable wellness care plans for those looking to continue to remain healthy once their problem is corrected. Book an appointment with us today!