Vertigo Treatment in Vienna, Virginia (VA)
Looking for Holistic, Drug-Free Health Care Options?
Whole Body Health Chiropractic, Vienna, can help you get relief from vertigo or dizziness.
Call (571) 378-0108 to schedule an appointment with us!
What is Vertigo?
Vertigo is an increasingly common condition in which you may feel off balance, dizzy, woozy, unsteady, tilting to one side, and you may feel like you are spinning or like the room is spinning.
Vertigo attacks usually vary – from mild to severe. Severe vertigo may lead to difficulties in maintaining balance, feelings of nausea, lead to vomiting, spontaneous sweating, headaches, jerking eye movements (nystagmus), ringing in the ears, and thus can substantially affect your normal daily life.
What Causes Vertigo?
Our ability to maintain balance and an accurate sense of our surroundings depends on healthy neurological signals coming from our inner ear, the cervical spine, our eyes, and the brain. And when there is damage, inflammation, dysfunction, or infection in one of these areas it can cause a variety of neurological disturbances including dizziness, spinning, as well as the other symptoms listed above.
Vertigo can be brought about by:
- Damage to the central nervous system:
- Head trauma (concussions)
- Whiplash affecting the neck and cervical spine
- BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo)
- Postural distortions and resulting spinal misalignments
- Decreased blood flow to the brain and nerve tissue
- Tumors in the brain or inner ear
- Inflammation and Infection affecting the central nervous system:
- Infections of the inner ear or brain
- Long COVID
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Meniere’s disease
- Other alterations in central nervous system or inner ear function:
- Otolith (inner ear crystal) displacement in the vestibular canals
- Medicines, e.g., those for treating high blood pressure
- Parkinson’s Disease
Depending on the cause, some cases of vertigo can go away without any treatment. Usually, this happens when an infection resolves or damaged nerve tissue heals. But when underlying causes are not resolved, as in the case of chronic inflammation, chronic infection, or neurological dysfunction such as from spinal misalignments, the brain is forced to adapt to the abnormal conditions and this can lead to repeated bouts of vertigo.
Our vertigo treatment focuses on restoring neurological balance and includes:
- Specific Chiropractic Adjustments. After carefully analyzing posture and digital x-rays, we gently correct misalignments in the spine, especially those in the upper neck region. Distorted nerve signals from this area can be normalized with chiropractic care and thus help the brain to interpret a more accurate sense of body relative to its surroundings. Many of our patients have found relief with this approach alone.
- Epley’s Maneuver. This doctor-assisted technique utilizes gentle changes of head and body positioning to help to restore balance to the crystals in the canals of the inner ear.
- Cold Laser Therapy. Also known as Low Level Laser Therapy, this non-invasive healing modality helps to promote healing at the cellular level. It can be used safely on the brain and nerve tissue to increase cellular energy, facilitate repair, and decrease pain.
- Therapeutic Exercises. Healthy neurological input also depends on full range of motion of spinal joints especially of those in the neck region. These exercises help to stretch and loosen tight muscles and ligaments, reduce inflammation and stiffness, and normalize range of motion.
Whole Body Health Chiropractic – Ultimate Choice for Vertigo Treatment
At Whole Body Health Chiropractic in Vienna, VA We can help you get relief from vertigo dizziness. Schedule a call or book an appointment with us to know more about our vertigo care options.
Make whole body health a priority. Schedule your INITIAL Consultation Today.
Call (571) 378-0108 or GET STARTED